IP2Location IP-COUNTRY-ISP database provides a solution to determine the country and the Internet Service Provider (ISP) or the company of any IP address in a few simple steps. First, retrieve the IP address from the networking protocol or server-side variable of the Web server. Next, translate the IP address to an IP number in decimal format to speed up the database query. Lastly, reverse lookup the IP number from the IP2Location database to pinpoint the exact geographical location.
IP2Location(tm) IP-COUNTRY-ISP is commericial lookup database that translates IP address to country and internet service provider (ISP).
Developers use this database for projects related to:
- Display native language and currency;
- Redirect based on country;
- Digital rights management;
- Prevent password sharing and abuse of service;
- Reduce credit card fraud;
- Web log stats and analysis;
- Filter access from countries you do not do business with.