Fontographer - Expand existing fonts, adding new characters, more, font editor for desktop publishing! It helps you expand existing fonts to include fractions, symbols, foreign characters, and logos in Type 1, Type 3, and TrueType fonts, or create an entire typeface from scratch. Fonts created with Fontographer can be used in any program with a font menu on Windows and Macintosh platforms.
Fontographer is now integrated into the FontLab line of digital typography tools.
Here are some key features of "Fontographer":
- Ease of Use
- Fontographer has all the tools to make type manipulation easy for both beginners and professionals. It's easy to add fractions, special symbols, foreign characters, even logos to all your favorite fonts. Print key maps of all your fonts and keep customizations at your fingertips.
- Real-time rendering
- Fontographer's fast rendering lets you design, edit, and manipulate fonts in a variety of editing windows. View your work in the Metrics window to see how your characters will look when printed.
- Typographical precision
- Fontographer lets you specify, view, and print characters. Includes snap-to-guides and snap-to-points. Print samples of characters, keyboard layouts, and kerning pairs for future reference.
- An integral part of your software library
- Fontographer generates PostScript-language Type 1 fonts, Type 3, TrueType, and Multiple Master fonts. Fontographer generates fonts for use on both the Macintosh and Windows platforms. You can also export EPS and PICT files for use in your favorite drawing programs.