How to convert AVI to VCD and burn VCD onto a CD-R? This article will show you how to convert AVI to VCD and burn VCD onto a CD-R step-by-step.
You can achieve this task - convert AVI to VCD, burn VCD onto a CD-R with just two steps:
Step 1: Convert avi to VCD with Cucusoft AVI to VCD converter.
Step 2: How to burn VCD into a CD-R/CD-RW
- a. How to burn VCD onto a CD-R/CD-RW with Nero 5.5+
- b. How to burn VCD onto a CD-R/CD-RW with VCDEasy ( VCDEasy is a freeware)
Step 1: Convert avi to vcd with Cucusoft AVI to VCD converter.
Tools required: Cucusoft Mpeg/Mov/rm/AVI to DVD/VCD/SVCD - Video Converter Pro.
Launch Cucusoft AVI to VCD/DVD, you will see the UI below.
- Select radio button "AVI to VCD"
- Select tab of "Merge/Join" or "Batch"
- Click "Open AVI File" button to open your avi file
- (optional) Set your preference: region "4" in RED line can set the output MPEG properties.
- Set the advance settings (Just pro version).
- Click "Start to Convert" button to start the convert task.
After you click "Start to Convert" button, the following dialog will pop up automatically.
After finish, the conversion dialog will be closed automatically.
Step 2: a. How to burn VCD onto a CD-R/CD-RW with Nero 5.5+
Tools required: Nero 5.5 or later, get the demo here.
Launch Nero. Please click "Close Wizard" button, you will see the UI below.
- Select CD
- Select "VideoCD" icon
- Select radio button "PAL" or "NTSC" depending what format your output VCD file, which is producted by Cucusoft convert avi to VCD/DVD, is in.
- And click "New" button.
After you click "New" button, you will see the UI below.
- Locate your .mpg and drag it(see picture below). Remember that you can add several .mpgs also, each mpg will be a own track on the VCD and you can add data files also, just drag them to any folder.
- Check the time. It should be the same as in the movie.
- Rename the CD to anything you like by clicking F2 on NEW.
- Select File->Write CD or click "Open the write cd dialog..." button at "8".
After you click "Write CD", you will see the UI below.
- Select Write speed, lower may work better if you get problem playing the VCD. Select Disc at once and Finalize CD.
- Select "Disc-At-Once".
- Mark the check box of "Finalize CD".
- Click "Write" button.
Step 2: b. How to burn VCD onto a CD-R/CD-RW with VCD Easy
Tools required: VCDEasy 1.1.5 or later. VCDEasy is a freeware, get it click here.
Install and launch VCDEasy, you will see the UI below.
- Select "VCD 2.0", in order to burn a VCD.
- Select "NTSC" or "PAL" base on what MPEG format your MPEG file is in.
- Select your Burning Rom.
- Mark the "Burn" checkbox.
- Name you VCD.
- Click "Add Files" button to locate your MPEG files.
- After you add a MPEG file, the file will appear at region "7".
- Click "Go" button to start burning CD.
My burner doesn't appear?
Try install a new ASPI Driver.
For more information about Cucusoft Mpeg/Mov/rm/AVI to DVD/VCD/SVCD - Video Converter Pro, please click here.