How to convert MP4 to MPEG using MP4 to MPEG Converter on Windows or Mac OS? With this MP4 to MPEG Conversion Guide you will get an easy way to convert MP4 to MPEG with MP4 to MPEG Converter. You will find to convert MP4 to MPEG is so easy.
In this Guide, we use two professinal MP4 to MPEG Converter software. So before the conversion, I'd like to introduce some features of these two MP4 to MPEG covnerter.
MP4 to MPEG Converter for Windows - Movavi Video Converter is a simple yet powerful video converter. With Movavi Video Converter, you can easily convert between all popular video formats, save your video and DVD for iPod, Apple TV, iPhone, PSP, PDA, any cellphone, Zune; join multiple video files into one, rip your DVDs, save best still images from your video and extract soundtracks from videos and DVDs. Free download trial is available.
- Convert between any video formats FLV (new!), AVI (DivX, XviD, etc.), MP4 (inc. Sony PSP, Apple iPod), WMV, ASF, 3GP, 3GP2, MOV, DVD, VOB, IFO, MPEG 1,2,4, VCD, SVCD, H.263, H.264, RM, WAV, MP3, MOD.
- Save video & DVD for iPod, iPhone, Zune, PSP, cellphone Convert your video files and DVDs for use on any mobile device: cellphones, iPod, PSP, PDA, Zune.
- Rip your DVD collection Save any or all of your DVDs to any video format. Choose your preferred language, extract soundtracks, even upload to your mobile device.
- Convert any video file segment Just select the desired file segment by moving the markers on any open video or DVD file to convert that segment to any format.
- Create a gallery of great pictures Use the Gallery feature to automatically create a collection of stunning still images by number of frames or time.
MP4 to MPEG Converter for Mac OS - ImTOO Video Converter for Mac is specially designed conversion software for Mac users. It can perform video and audio conversions and extract audio from video files. It features powerful conversion function and can convert video formats, as MOV, AVI, WMV, MPEG1/2/4, 3GP, ASF, MP4, MP2, etc. and support Mac, iPod, Apple TV, PSP, PS3, Zune, Archos, iRiver and Creative Zen etc. It also support audio output formats as MP3, WMA, OGG, AAC, M4A, WAV and AC3. Free download trial is available.
- It supports Multithreading and batch conversion and Intel Core
- CPU and provides >200% converting speed.
- It provides several optimized profiles for iPod, Apple TV, Zune, PSP, PS3 etc with different quality which can be used directly without any further settings.
- It supports plentiful formats.
- It supports trim function for video and audio clip.
- It provides both default settings and professional settings for users.
- It supports snapshot in preview process.
- It is controllable in the conversion process.
Guide: How to convert MP4 to MPEG using MP4 to MPEG Converter on Windows?
Step 1. Download MP4 to MPEG Converter for Windows, install and run it.
Step 2. Click "+ Video" button to import MP4 files.
Note: When you add files, they are automatically marked for convertion. If you want to skip a certain file when converting, unmark its checkbox:
Step 3. Choose MPEG as your output format.
This MP4 to MPEG Converter supports three output format modes:
- Favorites mode lets you easily find and set your most frequently used formats and presets.
- Devices mode lets you easily set an output format for any mobile device - iPod, PSP, Zune, PDA, cellphone - without any technical knowledge about video formats and their characteristics.
- Advanced mode lets you set an output format and a preset for the format. You can use a preset from the list of ready-made presets, or change an existing preset, or create and save your own presets.
Here we use Advanced mode.
Note: You can change audio and video parameters to what you want by clicking the Advanced settings icon.
MPEG Format Settings
- Specify a type of MPEG compression to use: MPEG1 or MPEG2.
- Specify the Bitrate. The larger values produce higher quality.
- If needed, enter new values for Width and Height of your video. The dimensions are in pixels.
- Choose Resize method and Resize quality.
- If needed, enter a new value for Frame rate. Larger values produce softer videos but require more system resources.
- Choose Audio format, Sample rate and Channels (Mono or Stereo). The larger values provide better quality.
You can add a present: Enter a present name, then click Add.
Step 4. Set output directory.
Step 5. Click Convert button to start to convert MP4 to MPEG.
Some tips for using this MP4 to MPEG Converter for Windows:
1. You can choose a video fragment to covnert.
Move the right and left markers of the seek slider to choose a video fragment to be converted
2. You can create photo gallery.
a. Set the video fragment from which to capture photos by moving the left and right markers of the seek slider.
b. Click Gallery button to open the Gallery dialog window.
c. Change settings to what you want.
d. Click Start.
Ok, we have finished converting MP4 to MPEG on Windows.
Guide: How to convert MP4 to MPEG using MP4 to MPEG Converter on Mac OS?
Step 1. Download MP4 to MPEG Converter for Mac OS, install and run it.
The interface is as follows:
Step 2. Click Add button to import MP4 files.
Step 3. Set profile for the selected output files on the right panel.
Click Profile drop-down list on the General panel to select an output format. You can also change video bit rate and audio bit rate for the selected profile.
Note: After setting the profile for the selected files, you can adjust parameters on Advance panel. For video formats, you can set codec, video bit rate, resolution, frame rate, etc. For audio formats, you can set audio codec, audio bit rate, sample rate and channels, etc. In most cases, the default works well.
Step 4. Click Browse button to set your output path.
Step 5. Click Convert button to start to convert MP4 to MPEG.
Step 6. After the conversion is done, you can click Open button to browse your output folder.
Some tips for using this MP4 to MPEG Converter for Mac OS:
1. You can convert a clip of your video file
Click Trim button to choose a segment of the selected file.
2. Supports batch conversion
This MP4 to MPEG Converter supports batch conversion and multithreading.
All you have to do is to add the files which you want to convert, and select profile for different files, then click Encode button.
3. Supporting H.264
7 profiles that support H.264 video codec have been added to this video converter for Mac's profile list. They are PS3 Video (1080P) MPEG-4 (*.mp4), PS3 Video (480P) MPEG-4 (*.mp4), PS3 Video (720P) MPEG-4 (*.mp4), PS3 Video (480P) MPEG-4 Excellent (*.mp4), PSP AVC Video Format (*.mp4), MPEG-4 AVC Video Format (*.mp4) and Zune MPEG-4 AVC Video Format(*.mp4). By using these profiles in encoding, the encoding data speed can be up to 30Mbit/s and the supported image pixel is ranged from 96x80 to 1920x1072, which provide you with more and better choices.
Note: At present, H.264 video codec has only processed macroblocks of 16. Therefore, the width and height of a video need to be the multiples of 16. For example, if you wish to output a video of 1080, please make sure that the video's height is 1072 or 1088 and the width is 1920.
Hint: If you wish to select a profile higher than 720P, please make sure that the source is DVD disc or folder in high definition (HD) format.
4. When connecting an iPod to a TV to play videos, it recommends "iPod Video2 For TV"
This MP4 to AVI converter for Mac provides six profiles, "iPod (320?240) MPEG-4 Normal", "iPod Video2 (640?480) MPEG-4 Normal", "iPod (320?240) MPEG-4 Excellent", "iPod Video2 (640?480) MPEG-4 Excellent", "iPod MPEG-4 Video- Minimal Size" and "iPod Video2 For TV" to support the conversion for iPod devices.
Hint: If you wish to connect an iPod to a TV to play videos and your iPod supports 640?480, it recommends iPod Video2 For TV.
Ok, we have finished converting MP4 to MPEG on Mac OS.
These two MP4 to MPEG Converter are both professional and easy to use. Just free download the trial and try to convert MP4 to MPEG with a MP4 to MPEG Converter yourself.