Capsa is an easy-to-use Ethernet packet sniffer (network analyzer or network sniffer) for network monitoring and troubleshooting purposes. It performs real-time packet capturing, 24/7 network monitoring, advanced protocol analyzing, in-depth packet decoding, and automatic expert diagnosing. By giving you insights into all of your network's operations, Capsa makes it easy to isolate and solve network problems, identify network bottleneck and bandwidth use, and detect network vulnerabilities.
Key features of Capsa include:
- Capture and save data transmitted over local networks and conduct both real-time and post-event analysis
- Identify and analyze more than 300 network protocols, as well as network applications based on the protocols
- Monitor network bandwidth and usage by capturing data packets transmitted over the network and providing summary and decoding information about these packets
- View network statistics at a single glance, allowing easy capture and interpretation of network utilization data
- Monitor internet, email and instant messaging traffic, helping keep employee productivity to a maximum
- Diagnose and repair network problems in seconds by detecting and locating suspicious hosts
- Map out the details, including traffic, IP address, and MAC, of each host on the network, allowing for easy identification of each host and the traffic that passes through each
- Visualize the entire network in an ellipse that shows the connections and traffic between each host
Whether you're a network administrator who needs to identify, diagnose, and solve network problems quickly, an IT professional who wants to monitor user activities on the network, a security manager who needs to ensure that the corporation's communications assets are safe, or a consultant who has to quickly solve network problems for clients, Capsa has the tools that you need. Capsa runs under Windows XP/Vista/7.