Recovery Toolbox for Outlook Express tool is a software tool that allows the user to recover lost messages from corrupted Outlook Express folders. Such problems often result from virus attacks, power failures or incorrect operations made by applications and especially antivirus software. The program can undelete messages accidentally deleted from the Outlook Express Deleted items folder. The program will probably be able to undelete messages permanently deleted from the Deleted items folder.
Besides, Recovery Toolbox for Outlook Express can be used to reindex large *.dbx files, which helps Outlook Express to start working normally again. In this case, its function is to extract the user's correspondence from a corrupted .dbx file and to save messages to separate files of the *.eml format (RFC822 standard) after that. Later, these messages can be easily copied to a new empty folder created in Outlook Express. The tool extracts and saves the user's messages from files with the dbx extension that Outlook Express uses to store folders, messages and news on the local disk. It is possible to view and save correspondence recovered by Recovery Toolbox for Outlook Express as message files with the *.eml extension. Software supports previewing the message bodies being recovered and stored in .dbx files (including corrupted dbx files). They are viewed in the lower frame of the main window of the program.
The Recovery Toolbox for Outlook Express tool is used to:
- recover lost messages from corrupted Outlook Express folders;
- recover corrupted Outlook Express folders (.dbx files);
- undelete messages permanently deleted by accident from the Deleted items folder;
- export correspondence to the eml format (a common format for mail messages) and move message to another computer;
- read and view information stored in .dbx and .dbt files (including corrupted dbx files). The sotware working with dbx files for Outlook Express versions 5, 5.5 and 6.