MeggieSoft Games German Whist is a comprehensive implementation of the popular Whist card game for two players. Play against an online opponent or against your computer. German Whist has a rich user interface and many customizable graphic, sound (including MIDI music and speech output), rule and scoring options. Six different computer opponent skill levels are available for when you are unable to get online, or just want to practice privately.
German Whist is a game of exchanging cards and taking tricks. The first half of each round involves the players improving their hands by taking cards from the stock. When the stock is exhausted, the remaining cards as played as tricks, each of which scores one point. The first player to 50 points wins the game.
The user interface, common to all MeggieSoft Games, supports both point-and-click and drag-and-drop mouse operations.
- realistic animated card movement;
- right-click pop-up menus;
- a hint facility;
- a tutorial;
- automatic play;
- automatic save and restore of partly finished games;
- multiple-user scoreboards;
- a clean and uncluttered main window;
- status-bar shortcut buttons;
- and fully customizable main display font and wallpaper effects for the table and playing mat, and the card backs.